Sunday, June 19, 2011

Iowa City Hospitality

 
Here we are - Iowa City Airport


 Cedar Rapids Stardusters

 The Pirate's Maule
Like I said - until I can con Rose into taking over the blog :-) we are going to be a day late with updates.  Yesterday we finished our weight and balance as we waited for the weather to clear.  We had a chance to catch up with Charrisa Dyer-Kendler - a former E. Pa. chapter member - what fun (we are hoping that she might hook up with one of our chapter members for next year's race).  The girl scouts spent the day at the airport and the local EAA chapter gave rides to more than 70 girls. What a great event.  The Cedar Rapid's Stardusters  - an 11 piece "big band" entertained us after the Barbecue.  It was a beautiful night and someone had a brainy idea that we should take advantage of this great weather so Terry and I did our timing runs and it was serene- smooth as glass.  I was shocked at how fast my little bird flew.  Rose worked all day on making sure that we will be able to have accurate weather reports and showing off all her cool programs and iPad.  Susan Maule - this picture is for you.  My first ride in a Maule as Julie's check pilot for her timing run.  I loved jumping up on those HUGE tires to check the fuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment